JOBS AND CALLS FOR ENTRIES
We are hiring a bench jeweler and metals teacher. We are looking to incorporate a motivated and knowledgeable person who wants to grow within an expanding creative business. Days at the bench are filled with making one-of-a-kind pieces as well as pieces for our collections from start to finish. Other responsibilities include project prep and general studio upkeep. We are a seasonal business where priorities shift throughout the year; when classes are sparse there are more projects at the bench to be made. It is expected that everyone is knowledgeable about exhibitions, artists, and everyday gallery operations so that one can always jump in on the sales floor and help customers.
- At least 2 years of professional jewelry making experience - fabrication and stone setting experience (bezel, flush, prong and beyond)
- Some experience teaching
- Familiarity with the art jewelry field
- Align with our core values of generosity, connection and creativity
- Mutually supportive (employees, customers, artists)
This position is full-time and includes 5 days of paid vacation and studio access.
Compensation based on experience.
Please send a resume, references, images of your work to [email protected]
Heidi Lowe is accepting applications for a paid internship at Heidi Lowe Gallery. Applicants need to possess basic metalsmithing skills as well as organizational, office, and computer skills. It is also imperative that the applicants are personable and trustworthy; having a good grasp of the history of jewelry is a plus. The intern will be learning about all aspects of the gallery and studio. The internship will include making jewelry, working with customers, as well as the behind the scenes aspects of operating a gallery.
The intern is expected to work 24-30 hours a week. The hours are flexible but may include some nights and weekends.
Please submit the following application materials to [email protected]
- 5 images of recent work
- A short paragraph about what you would like to gain from a jewelry gallery internship experience
- Two references with phone numbers
An interview will be conducted by phone.